From the Grosse Pointe Democratic Club:
NOTICE: Due to the winter weather emergency, the February 10th Meeting of the 14th District Democrats has been cancelled. Please help spread the word to anyone you knew was planning to attend this Saturday.
Please also note that the Michigan Democratic Party State Central meeting slated to occur this Saturday, February 10th in Flint has likewise been cancelled due to the winter weather emergency. It was set to be held at the University of Michigan Flint, but the university has closed due to weather.
For more information, please feel free to reach Democratic District Chairman Rick Blocker at (248) 217-1637.
– Tuesday, February 13th — Pontiac Democratic Club Meeting, 5:00 p.m., Held at Nick’s Corner Restaurant, 225 Auburn Avenue, Pontiac 48342. For more information, contact President Gloria Harsten-Spann at (248) 977-0942.
– Tuesday, February 13th — Oakland County Democratic Party Meeting, 7:00 p.m., Held at Plumbers Local 98, 555 Horace Brown Drive, Madison Heights 48071. For more information, visit www.ocdp.org
– Thursday, February 15th — Grosse Pointe Democratic Club General Membership Meeting, 7:00 p.m., Held at the Grosse Pointe War Memorial, 32 Lake Shore Drive, Grosse Pointe Farms 48236. For more information, visit www.gpdems.com
– Thursday, February 15th — Oak Park-Huntington Woods Democratic Club Meeting, 7:00 p.m., Held at Oak Park Community Center, 14300 Oak Park Boulevard, Oak Park 48237. Guest Speaker: Gretchen Whitmer, Democratic Candidate for Governor.
– Monday, February 19th — 14th District Democrats Political Action Committee Meeting, 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. Held at the District Office, 18409 Livernois Avenue, Detroit 48221. For more information, contact Committee Chair Tiffany Tilley at email@example.com
– Saturday, February 24th — Grosse Pointe Democratic Club Fundraiser in Support of U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow, 4:00 to 5:30 p.m., Held at the Home of Shannon Byrne and John Simon, 63 Cloverly Road, Grosse Pointe Farms 48236. For tickets and more information, visit www.debbiestabenow.com/february24grossepointe
– Saturday, March 10th — Next 14th District Democratic Party Meeting, 10:00 a.m. Executive Board, 11:00 a.m. General Membership (Location being finalized)
– Friday, March 16th — Deadline for Michigan Democratic Party Membership Submissions, in order to be eligible to vote at the Endorsement Convention on April 15th. Fore more info, visit www.michigandems.com
– Saturday, April 14th — Michigan Democratic Party Annual Legacy Dinner, with Keynote Speaker U.S. Senator Kamala Harris (Cobo Center, Detroit). For tickets and info, visit www.michigandems.com/legacy2018
– Sunday, April 15th — Michigan Democratic Party Endorsement Convention, (Cobo Center, Detroit). Endorsements of the 2018 Democratic candidates for Attorney General, Secretary of State, and State Supreme Court will be decided. To be eligible to vote, please have your membership current by March 16th.
– Tuesday, April 24th — Filing Deadline for Partisan Candidates for Office (Congress, State Legislature, County Commission, et cetera)
– Tuesday, May 8th — Filing Deadline for Precinct Delegate Candidacy
– Thursday, June 7th — Grosse Pointe Democratic Club Annual Picnic, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Held at Thompkins Center, Windmill Pointe Park, Grosse Pointe Park 48230.
– Monday, July 9th — Last Day to Register to Vote for Primary
– Friday, July 27th — 14th District Democrats Annual Dinner (Save The Date!)
– Tuesday, August 7th — Primary Election Day
– Tuesday, October 9th — Last Day to Register to Vote for General Election
– Tuesday, November 6th — General Election Day: Time for a Blue Wave in 2018, if we do the work! 269 days to go!
P.S. — If you have any Democratic events that you’d like highlighted on the 14th District Democrats’ website or future email updates, please email us at: info@14thDistrictDems.org
We are stronger with your activism + involvement!
To stay plugged in with your local Democratic Party, visit us at www.14thDistrictDems.org
We are on Twitter @14thDistrictDem
We are on Facebook: facebook.com/14thDistrictDems/
Our Congresswoman, Brenda L. Lawrence, has been resoundingly endorsed by the 14th District Democrats for a third term in Congress. To help us circulate nominating petitions to get her back on the ballot, please email firstname.lastname@example.org #TeamBrenda
Salutations, fellow Democrats! The next meeting of your Democratic Party is this Saturday, February 10th at 9:00 a.m. It will be held at the Grosse Pointe War Memorial, 32 Lake Shore Drive, Grosse Pointe Farms 48326. #Organize #Mobilize #BlueWave2018
Good morning! Friendly reminder of the Attorney General candidates forum today hosted jointly by the 13th District and 14th District Democrats. Come learn more about Michigan Attorney General candidates Pat Miles, Dana Nessel, and William Noakes. Saturday, January 27, 2018, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Northwest Activities Center, 18100 Meyers Road, Detroit 48235.
14th Congressional District Meeting Saturday, November 18th
***Executive Board Meeting 10:00 am
General Membership Meeting 11:00 am
Oak Park Community Center
14300 Oak Park Boulevard
Oak Park 48237
Please join us this Saturday. All Democrats welcome!
Saturday, October 14th: 14th District Democrats October Meeting. Northwest Activities Center, 18100 Meyers Road, Detroit 48235. 10:00 a.m. Executive Committee, 11:00 a.m. General Membership Meeting.
Sunday, October 15th: Congresswoman Brenda Lawrence Birthday Celebration, 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. Held at Best Western Premier Hotel, 26555 Telegraph Road, Southfield 48033. All Democrats welcomed and encouraged to attend at whatever contribution amount is possible for you. To RSVP and for questions, call (248) 410-0702 or e-mail email@example.com
Tuesday, November 7th: Municipal Election Day throughout Michigan, including Detroit, Pontiac, Southfield, Oak Park, Hamtramck, Farmington Hills, Grosse Pointe communities.
Saturday, November 11th: 14th District Democrats November Meeting. Location to be announced. 10:00 a.m. Executive Committee, 11:00 a.m. General Membership Meeting.
Saturday, November 11th: Michigan Democratic Party Justice Caucus “Camp Millie” training for candidates, activists and campaign staff. Held at Livingston County EMS Building, 1911 Tooley Road, Howell 48855. For $35, participants receive training, a binder packed with useful information, continental breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Register online at www.justicecaucus.org For more information, contact Charlene Snow at (313) 342-2327 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, November 13th: 14th District Democrats Veterans Resource Fair. Please join the 14th District Veteran Committee and other veteran service organizations as their provide on-site benefits. Contact Veteran Committee Chair Danny Craig with questions. (313) 460-1719.
To stay plugged in with you local Democratic Party, visit us at www.14thDistrictDems.org
We are on Twitter @14thDistrictDem
We are on Facebook: facebook.com/14thDistrictDems/
Saturday, August 5th: 14th District Slate Cards for Detroit Available for Pickup. The District Office is open from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. for Detroit Precinct Delegates to pick up their Slate Cards. They list our endorsed candidates, as well as information about how voters can get involved with our Democratic Party. Precinct Delegates should distribute them in their precinct to remind neighbors of the election and at their poll on Tuesday. The 14th District Democrats office at 18409 Livernois Avenue, Detroit 48221. Call Chair Rick Blocker at (248) 217-1637 with questions.
Tuesday, August 8th: Primary Election Day in Detroit, Pontiac, Hamtramck municipal elections. Polls are open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. So far in Detroit, the 14th District Democrats have endorsed Heaster Wheeler for Detroit City Clerk, and Brenda Jones and Janee Ayers for Detroit City Council At-Large. Note: There is also a Special Election primary for State Representative District One, which covers a portion of the eastside of Detroit, as well as all of Grosse Pointe Shores, Grosse Pointe Woods and Harper Woods.
Saturday, August 12th: Michigan Democratic Party State Central Meeting, held in Traverse City. Due to the State Central meeting conflict, our August District Meeting was shifted to August 19th.
Saturday, August 19th: 14th District Democrats August Meeting. Held at Oak Park Community Center, 14300 Oak Park Boulevard, Oak Park 48237. 10:00 a.m. – Executive Committee Meeting Begins. 11:00 a.m. – General Membership Meeting Begins. Call Chair Rick Blocker at (248) 217-1637 with questions.
P.S. THANK YOU to everyone who helped make last week’s 14th District Democrats Annual Dinner such a success! It truly was the biggest (and best) political event of the season. A special thank you to our Keynote Speaker, the dynamic Congresswoman Joyce Beatty of Ohio. As anyone who was there can attest, she brought the house down and gave a stellar address.
The 14th District Democrats’ next meeting is on Saturday, August 19th, 2017. It starts at 10 am for the Executive Committee and at 11 am for the general membership.
Happening at the Oak Park Community Center, 14300 Oak Park Blvd, Oak Park MI 48237. All Democrats welcome. Join us! #organize