NOTICE: Due to the winter weather emergency, the February 10th Meeting of the 14th District Democrats has been cancelled. Please help spread the word to anyone you knew was planning to attend this Saturday.
Please also note that the Michigan Democratic Party State Central meeting slated to occur this Saturday, February 10th in Flint has likewise been cancelled due to the winter weather emergency. It was set to be held at the University of Michigan Flint, but the university has closed due to weather.
For more information, please feel free to reach Democratic District Chairman Rick Blocker at (248) 217-1637.
– Tuesday, February 13th — Pontiac Democratic Club Meeting, 5:00 p.m., Held at Nick’s Corner Restaurant, 225 Auburn Avenue, Pontiac 48342. For more information, contact President Gloria Harsten-Spann at (248) 977-0942.
– Tuesday, February 13th — Oakland County Democratic Party Meeting, 7:00 p.m., Held at Plumbers Local 98, 555 Horace Brown Drive, Madison Heights 48071. For more information, visit www.ocdp.org
– Thursday, February 15th — Grosse Pointe Democratic Club General Membership Meeting, 7:00 p.m., Held at the Grosse Pointe War Memorial, 32 Lake Shore Drive, Grosse Pointe Farms 48236. For more information, visit www.gpdems.com
– Thursday, February 15th — Oak Park-Huntington Woods Democratic Club Meeting, 7:00 p.m., Held at Oak Park Community Center, 14300 Oak Park Boulevard, Oak Park 48237. Guest Speaker: Gretchen Whitmer, Democratic Candidate for Governor.
– Monday, February 19th — 14th District Democrats Political Action Committee Meeting, 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. Held at the District Office, 18409 Livernois Avenue, Detroit 48221. For more information, contact Committee Chair Tiffany Tilley at email@example.com
– Saturday, February 24th — Grosse Pointe Democratic Club Fundraiser in Support of U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow, 4:00 to 5:30 p.m., Held at the Home of Shannon Byrne and John Simon, 63 Cloverly Road, Grosse Pointe Farms 48236. For tickets and more information, visit www.debbiestabenow.com/february24grossepointe
– Saturday, March 10th — Next 14th District Democratic Party Meeting, 10:00 a.m. Executive Board, 11:00 a.m. General Membership (Location being finalized)
– Friday, March 16th — Deadline for Michigan Democratic Party Membership Submissions, in order to be eligible to vote at the Endorsement Convention on April 15th. Fore more info, visit www.michigandems.com
– Saturday, April 14th — Michigan Democratic Party Annual Legacy Dinner, with Keynote Speaker U.S. Senator Kamala Harris (Cobo Center, Detroit). For tickets and info, visit www.michigandems.com/legacy2018
– Sunday, April 15th — Michigan Democratic Party Endorsement Convention, (Cobo Center, Detroit). Endorsements of the 2018 Democratic candidates for Attorney General, Secretary of State, and State Supreme Court will be decided. To be eligible to vote, please have your membership current by March 16th.
– Tuesday, April 24th — Filing Deadline for Partisan Candidates for Office (Congress, State Legislature, County Commission, et cetera)
– Tuesday, May 8th — Filing Deadline for Precinct Delegate Candidacy
– Thursday, June 7th — Grosse Pointe Democratic Club Annual Picnic, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Held at Thompkins Center, Windmill Pointe Park, Grosse Pointe Park 48230.
– Monday, July 9th — Last Day to Register to Vote for Primary
– Friday, July 27th — 14th District Democrats Annual Dinner (Save The Date!)
– Tuesday, August 7th — Primary Election Day
– Tuesday, October 9th — Last Day to Register to Vote for General Election
– Tuesday, November 6th — General Election Day: Time for a Blue Wave in 2018, if we do the work! 269 days to go!
P.S. — If you have any Democratic events that you’d like highlighted on the 14th District Democrats’ website or future email updates, please email us at: info@14thDistrictDems.org
We are stronger with your activism + involvement!
To stay plugged in with your local Democratic Party, visit us at www.14thDistrictDems.org
We are on Twitter @14thDistrictDem
We are on Facebook: facebook.com/14thDistrictDems/
Our Congresswoman, Brenda L. Lawrence, has been resoundingly endorsed by the 14th District Democrats for a third term in Congress. To help us circulate nominating petitions to get her back on the ballot, please email firstname.lastname@example.org #TeamBrenda